Saturday 2 July 2011

Up in the air

Business Class was superb! Choice of wines, champagne and eating off real plates lovely!! I knew it was going to be good as soon as the air stewardess told me to turn left on the plane. Waiting for me was a REAL quilt, pillow and legroom!! The chair converts into a fully flat bed of 6 foot long.  As soon as I sat down I was offered a glass of champagne, juice or water. I actually chose water!  Then the menu and wine list was given out along with my complimentary elemis washbag (Donc j'ai eu un vrai menu, carte du vins et un sac de toilette avec des produits beaute d'elemis eg baume de levres, creme du visage etc):

Aperitif: champagne - lots of it! My glass was always half full)!
menu for dinner - i chose tomato salad, crab cakes followed by cheese. As for the wine I went with an award winning Australian.
I didn't watch any movies instead I just went to sleep. I have been told I snore (?!) and after the amount I drank I must have been snoring like a foghorn!


After a 7 hour snooze (dodo) I was woken up by the smell of real coffee brewing and gentle mood lighting.  I had real coffee in a real china mug followed by a fresh fruit plate. I declined the hot breakfast too full and we were ready to start our decent into Hong Kong.

Landing into Hong Kong: If you ever come to Hong Kong, for those of you that have yet to visit it, try and get a flight that arrives during the day. It is truly a sight to behold.  Hong Kong is made up of 2 islands surrounded by a jade coloured sea. I kid you not.  It is very mountainous and for the most part uninhabitated that is why where there are buildings it so DENSE!  When the plane comes into land there is the impression you are going to land on the sea - simply magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment