Sunday 3 July 2011

Hong Kong (Part 3)

At 16.30 I dragged myself out of my hotel room and was greeted by the humidity and I actually thought about turning back.  Anyway I dug deep and found the energy to go to Times Square shopping mall: 87,300 sqm over 7 floors of shopping heaven!! 



It is a sight to behold; all the shops are here Aigle, Club Manaco, Camper, Ralph Lauren, Paul Smith etc and of course MARKS & SPENCERS.....a little reminder of home. It cheered me up.


The women here come in size extra-small.  The biggest size they do here is size UK12, 40 or US 10. I would say the woman on average here are size UK6, 34 or US 4. Tiny. I bought a pair of jeans and I took the biggest size ie 40 but then again I am taller and bigger than all the woman here (although walking around Times Square I must have burnt 1kg)!  As I was on my own today I really went shopping and I looked at prices and took my time. You can't do that when there are boys around!!  It's not cheap here and not even bargain cheap. Everything made in China is cheap everywhere but China.  Things may be 10% cheaper but not that cheap, basically the same price at home. All you save is the VAT.  When I think of a bargain I think 50% and then some.  I have not seen anything here worth buying. I can get it cheaper in recession hit England or France.  My bank manager will be happy!

Harry Potter Fever
They have Harry Potter Fever here and they have it bad; people dressing up in the gowns, taking photos etc:



As for food, I couldn't eat local. I just couldn't and I stepped through the golden arches and had a macdonalds!!  I really wanted an ice cream but given I have not visited any sites yet I think the best thing is not to get sick!!

Typhoon Season
Typhoon season - goodness - I am afraid in thunder storms.  I felt a nice cool breeze yesterday when I was with Roy and he is like that's not a good sign. That means a typhoon is coming. Give me strength.

Taxis
Official ones are red:

1 comment:

  1. what a shame Ros, you should go to those good local food~~~ x

    ReplyDelete