Friday 19 August 2011

Sickcation started 25 July to date....

Well I am back folks in France and have been since the 24 July....after a punishing 26 hour flight broken up by a 45 minute stop over in Argentina.  I arrived into the London Heathrow and a very shocked girlfriend who came to meet me - was aghast at how much weight I had lost (I have subsequently managed to put on a few kilos from my sickcation!)

My mother who did not know I was involved in a car accident and I had not wanted to tell on the phone.  I walked into the house, she was on the phone and words that my mother rarely utters "...I'll have to call you back my daughter has..." and then hung up the phone.  I then endured her wailing, tears, shaking:

"are you going to be crippled...my baby is going to be a cripple".

This ordinarily would not be funny or ironic if not for the sole fact that my mother is a NURSE. The mere fact that I am wearing a neck brace does not I hope mean instant cripledom. I spent most of the weekend in bed in a tramadol haze and feeling faint most of the time. My mother spent the weekend on the phone bad mouthing my boss to her whole network of friends. She was absolutely disgusted that he didn't care about her darling only child - how dare he. Go on Mummy! She even uttered those fateful words about coming to Paris in person to see him. I should add my mother has yet to visit me since I have been to France and has no desire to...so the mere fact she would come to see Big Boss is really something!

I was very grateful to see Missy and her other half at the Eurostar terminal.  I realise that I am surrounded by amazing friends and it only really hit me when I got back to England.  I am very happy to be alive and walking and talking...things could have been so worse. So very worse.

MONDAY 25 JULY - D DAY
I walked into work primarily to ensure that the Human Resources Department were aware of my accident.  It was like someone told them I was dead and had somehow managed to ressurect myself. They were not prepared for the neck brace or just how awful I looked.  If HR weren't ready well Big Boss started to tremble when he saw me:

"I didn't realise how serious it was...eerr...rien a aucun importance que vous et comment vous sentez...."

Anyhow after seeing him and experiencing his take on sincerety...I made it back to my flat and that is where I have been ever since.  I have been to a terrible doctor and then I found a good doctor thanks to Madame G. An MRI is booked for the 23 August so we will see just what the damage to the left side of my neck, shoulder and arm is...

My sickcation since the 25 July has included watching the following series;
True Blood series 4, the Big C, Damages, the Good Wife, Boardwalk Empire, Modern Family, Desperate Housewives, Luther series 2, the Wire series 1

 I have a cinema card and have waxed that to the limit; Harry Potter, Conan, Melancholia, Horrible Bosses, Planet of the Apes, Bridesmaid, Bad Teacher etc

My discoveries whilst sick have included online shopping at MONOPRIX (Le top de top) - so easy and the lovely man carries all my shopping into my kitchen. Well once I am back at work no more carting heavy load like a donkey for me...no sir...I am a lifetime fully signed up member of online shopping at Monoprix. It then leaves me time to go wander through markets and chi chi Parisian shops like those Hollywood films make us lust after...

Filing - all of you who know me well - know I do not file and have papers lying around for the past 3 years. Not anymore!!! I have filed every single paper. I am up to date with my administrative requirements....I am organised. Or in the words of a dear friend ...finally an adult in the 21st century!

Finally I have discovered a multitude of sites online including Gwenyth Paltrow's = dull. I know too much on celebrities. I have made jam. Found a sofa bed (a proper one!) that I will buy.

Who says being sick in deserted Paris in August can't be a life changing experience.  I am READY for la RENTREE!!  Miss Try-Hane is back and back with a vengeance!

No comments:

Post a Comment