Sunday 19 June 2011

11 Days to go.....Miss Try-Hane try harder...

I am trying to stay focused on the now but inside I am panicking...HELP! I'm off to ASIA first stop Hong Kong on 1 July. The ship carrying the what, why, when questions of why it is I all alone that is going to ASIA has long since sailed. I begged (the shame of it) and almost cried (more pleaded...I don't do emotions) in front of my boss to let me go with a colleague but no. SO I suppose I should take it as a compliment that he thinks:

a) I am capable of representing his company to people he has never even met!
b) that I am intelligent
c) and independent/survivor and capable of creative thinking (preferable to bullshitting) my way out of any situation!

I am going to visit industrial sites in various locations and try to look knowledgeable. Ha!

I now know how to say hello and thank you in Mandarin.

I am a very fussy eater so I am hoping that aside from this being a round the world tour to remember, it will also act as an amazing diet! Between the dazzling array of food on offer that I won't be eating and the humidity I reckon I will lose 10 kg and come back svelte!! The thought of losing weight and travelling round the world in business class is easing the pain of going to Asia, Australia and Argentina on my own.

I promise to update my blog daily with photos etc. Comments on my blog will be gratefully received since I will be all alone in hotel rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment